• 30% of Meat Eaters Won't Date Vegetarians

Profile photo of DrunkTrannyMess

Over a year ago

When it comes to dating, meat eaters are actually pickier than vegetarians. Almost 30% of omnivores wouldn’t go out with a vegetarian or vegan, whereas just 4% of vegetarians wouldn’t date a meat eater, a Today and Match.com poll finds. Of course, it’s not exactly a fair comparison: With only 2% of the US population vegetarian and 3% vegan, they don’t have many meat-free dating options. Meanwhile, 66% of the survey’s 4,000 respondents find picky eating unattractive.

Meat eaters’ opposition to dating vegetarians is no big surprise, experts say. “Mankind’s first luxury was meat, and when carnivores share food—what they are sharing is this luxury. It’s more than just cultural, it’s instinctual,” notes an anthropologist. A meat eater echoes the sentiment: “The ability to provide and share food is part of romance, and I just can’t date a person who does not share those moments of life with me.”

(http://www.newser.com/story/149625/30-of-meat-eaters-refuse-to-date-vegetarians.html)

Please log in to reply.

• Profile photo of latias

Over a year ago

That’s their business- they’re missing out on some awesome people, amirite? ;)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • Profile photo of Jeshiee

Over a year ago

When I met my boyfriend, the only thing I asked of him before we started dating, was that he stop hunting because I just couldn’t be with someone knowing they see it as a sport… A month later, he was a vegetarian. <3.

• Profile photo of SassyVegan

Over a year ago

Amen, Slayla.

• Profile photo of Slayla

Over a year ago

Who cares? Numbers are numbers, people are not numbers. Date who you want, eat what you want and be happy. Sheesh.

• Profile photo of loveall

Over a year ago

I wouldn’t date a meat-eater, but then again we do not choose who we fall for. Therefore, I do not think that confining your relationship on if they consume animals isn’t really a very wise choice. However, I met my five year boyfriend at a animal rights protest and we’ve been together ever since. :P

PLEASE READ:

All animal emergencies (injured, stray, neglected, abused, etc) should be reported to our Emergency Response Team, not posted on the Boards.

Chatting Today

casey now chatting boards

Recent Activities