Asparagus season is here so buy a bunch when you’re veggie shopping. Tips…
• Make sure the tips aren’t mushy and the spears aren’t wilty soft
• Trim off the woody bottom ends…this is usually the hard white part on green asparagus
• Wrap in wet paper towels then refrigerate in a plastic bag…use within 2 or 3 days
• Crazy it up with purple or white asparagus if you can find it!
• Buy fresh and local…check your farmers’ market!
• Easy steaming…wrap half dozen spears in wet paper towels and microwave for about 4 minutes.
• You can also sauté it, blanch it, boil & ice it or roast and pesto it like Devon does!
Devon is a design-lovin’ crafty Canadian with a taste for all things pink and for vegan yumfulness too! Her Hazelnut Pesto and Asparagus Pasta hits delish on a sunnycool springtime day.
Hazelnut Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Asparagus
pasta of your choice
roasted hazelnuts without skin
fresh basil leaves
clove of garlic
salt and pepper
If you don’t have hazelnuts try cashews or whatever nuts you like.
Details and directions at Hazelnut Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Asparagus
According to the Rules of the Interwebs, you shouldn’t post someone else’s entire recipe, only part of it with a link to the rest, unless you’ve changed the recipe up bigtime.