Meyer lemons deliver a sunny splash of color and flavor right in the middle of winter when your eyes need a break from grey snow and sludge and skies. Meyers are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges, with a thinner skin and a milder sweeter taste…perfect for desserts like tarts and truffles! 🙂
Sherry and Sandy are vegan powerhouses! Their various ventures include:
• Exploits–a long-running vegan blog of their yumful recipes
• Teaching vegan cooking and nutrition at their local college
• Project Produce–collecting fresh fruits and vegetables weekly at the end of the farmers market and donating the goods to the local domestic violence shelter
• Project Nourish–holding free cooking classes for low income women
• Solstice Designs–designing and making jewelry with vegan and inspirational themes
• Training for and running half-marathons
• Supporting and promoting animal rights and animal sanctuaries, including supercool Sasha Farm!
Plus they’re just easygoing and helpful and spinningly nice…and their recipes beat your vegan cravings! 🙂
Details and directions at Meyer Lemon Tart
According to the Rules of the Interwebs, you shouldn’t post someone else’s entire recipe, only part of it with a link to the rest, unless you’ve changed the recipe up bigtime.