Meyer lemons deliver a sunny splash of color and flavor right in the middle of winter when your eyes need a break from grey snow and sludge and skies. Meyers are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges, with a thinner skin and a milder sweeter taste…perfect for desserts like tarts and truffles!
Sherry and Sandy are vegan powerhouses! Their various ventures include:
• Exploits–a long-running vegan blog of their yumful recipes
• Teaching vegan cooking and nutrition at their local college
• Project Produce–collecting fresh fruits and vegetables weekly at the end of the farmers market and donating the goods to the local domestic violence shelter
• Project Nourish–holding free cooking classes for low income women
• Solstice Designs–designing and making jewelry with vegan and inspirational themes
• Training for and running half-marathons
• Supporting and promoting animal rights and animal sanctuaries, including supercool Sasha Farm!
Plus they’re just easygoing and helpful and spinningly nice…and their recipes beat your vegan cravings!
Details and directions at Meyer Lemon Tart
According to the Rules of the Interwebs, you shouldn’t post someone else’s entire recipe, only part of it with a link to the rest, unless you’ve changed the recipe up bigtime.