Happy Bastille Day, a day to celebrate the Storming of the Bastille in 1789, and many other monumental events…
• The Fête de la Fédération, celebrating unity in France, in 1790
• The Exhibition of the Industry of All Nations, the first major US world’s fair, in 1853
• The first ascent of the Matterhorn, one of the highest peaks in the Alps, in 1865
• Harry Atwood landed his plane on the White House lawn after a recordbreaking fllight in 1911
• The George Washington Carver National Monument, the first US National Monument to honor an African American, was founded in 1943
• Mariner 4 took the first closeup photos of another planet in 1965
• and my favorite, in 1960 Dr.Jane Goodall arrived at Gombe to begin her worldchanging studies of chimpanzees in the wild
She’s a true revolutionary…instead of ripping animals out of their natural habitat and shoving them into tiny zoo exhibits to study, Jane quietly and gently immersed herself into the chimps’ world and learned volumes about these amazing apes. She is one of my heroes for her compassionate understanding of the animal world and the continued work she does, even at the age of 80 (!!), to ensure that all animals receive the honor and respect they deserve.
Cherry at Parsley Soup is a revolutionary in the kitchen, veganizing meaty foods in yumfully creative ways. A crafty teacher living in the heart of England, she’s not afraid to cross culinary borders to veganize traditional foreign favorites like the Croque Monsieur. The CM is the French version of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, one of the world’s most popular combos. Cherry’s crueltyfree version is easy and delish so fire up your grill and start a vegan French revolution! 😉
Details and directions at Vegan Croque Monsieur
According to the Rules of the Interwebs, you shouldn’t post someone else’s entire recipe, only part of it with a link to the rest, unless you’ve changed the recipe up bigtime.