So I call my this dish pseudo meatball because when I fed my meat crazy cousin this dish he couldn’t make it out what is made of. He found it so yum that I thought I should my hit recipe with all my fellow Peta supporters..!!
8 oz. Mushrooms
1 cup Granular Soybean
Ginger garlic paste
spices ( Cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, Roasted cumin powder)
Dried mango powder
Barbecue sauce (you can prepare it or buy it from grocery store)
3-4 dried Bread slices
1. soak granular soybean in water and boil it off to take out its hint of bitterness. Once water comes to a boil keep it aside, do not drain off the water.
2. Slice mushroom in very small pieces (I put them in food processor to ease my job :D). You’ll need both head and stem.
3. Take a non stick pan, keep it on a low flame and put your sliced mushrooms in it and add half tea spoon of salt in it. It’ll help in taking off the water out of mushrooms.
4. Add a little of olive oil or any other oil of your choice. Keep stirring the mushrooms till they start becoming little darker in colour. Put the flame off when you reach that point and take out mushrooms in a boil and keep it aside.
5. In same above used non stick pan and keep it on medium flame and add a little oil to it. Put nicely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Wait till onions will have a beautiful golden brown colour. At this point half a tea spoon of all the spices mentioned in the ingredients, add 1 tea spoon salt and little of chilli powder. Mix the ingredients nicely.
6. Add 2 table spoon of Tomato puree to the above mix and keep stirring the mixture till puree’s colour changes from bright red to brownish red. Lower the flame at this point.
7. Drain off the water from the soaked Soybean and add the soybean granules to the above mix. Cover the pan with lid and let the soybean cook.
8. After some 5 minutes add mushrooms to the above mix and again cover the lid and let the mix cook. Keep it on flame for 10 minutes make sure after ever 2 minutes you should stir it.
9. Taste your mix at this point and check if salt is fine, add half table spoon of dried mango powder to it in end and keep the pan a side.
10. Use food processor or your hand to crumble up the dried bread slices, you’ll get better result with food processor.
11. Add the bread crumbs to yum the mix sitting in the pan.
12. Take out the pan mix in a bowl and cover it with a cellophane sheet and keep the bowl in refrigerator minimum for 2 hours.
13. take an oven tray and grease it up. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. After some two hours take out the ball and start making balls out of the mix and place it on greased oven tray, glace the balls with barbecue sauce with a brush.
15. Bake your Pseudo meatballs for 20 minutes. Take it out when they are firm and hot.
16. Enjoy your super yum Pseudo meatballs with Mustard sauce