Good for you! I’ll be honest, I went vegetarian at 4, I think, so I can’t remember exactly what I did, but I’d recommend trying fake meat. I warn you, a lot of it is pretty gross, but there are some great ones! Beyond Meat, Boca, and Morningstar are some of my favorites. You can also eat many of the dishes you ate before, just without the meat. I love pasta. Also, veggie burgers are great. Even if you don’t like one kind, say, black-bean burgers, there’s a lot of them, including soy and beet burgers. Good luck! Remember, you’re helping animals, the environment, and your own health!
Also, get books from the library or the bookstore like…
• “The Smart Girl’s Guide to Going Vegetarian: How to Look Great, Feel Fabulous, and Be a Better You” by Rachel Meltzer Warren
• “Teen Cuisine: New Vegetarian” by Matthew Locricchio
• “The Teen’s Vegetarian Cookbook” by Judy Krizmanic
• “A Teen’s Guide to Going Vegetarian” by Judy Krizmanic
• “Student’s Go Vegan Cookbook: Over 135 Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegan Recipes” by Carole Raymond
• “Vegetarian Times Vegetarian Beginner’s Guide” by the Editors of Vegetarians Times
Ask questions here anytime you like…lotsa helpful people!
Yay for you for going veg!
I always tell new veg*ns this: just eat everything you ate before but vegetarianise it all! You can do this by replacing the meat with extra veggies, faux meats, tofu, soya products, beans, lentils etc.
Well done on making such a brilliant decision to go vegetarian
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
All animal emergencies (injured, stray, neglected, abused, etc) should be reported to our Emergency Response Team, not posted on the Boards.