Bagel with peanut butter or vegan cream cheese (try Daiya or Tofutti brand), sliced fruit, and orange juice
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich
1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and skinned
1 large ripe avocado
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread of your choice
- Sandwich toppings of your choice
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using a fork or large spoon.
- Add in the cilantro, green onions, and lime juice and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
Makes 3-4 servings
Pasta with marinara sauce and a side of steamed or sautéed broccoli
Tip: Swing by Target and pick up Gardein vegan chicken to top off your pasta.
Want even more tips and recipes? Order our FREE Guide To Going Vegan.