Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
Make an easy sammie with vegan deli meat slices (try Tofurky brand), your choice of bread, and vegan mayo (try Vegenaise brand) or hummus. Top with lettuce and tomato. If you’re on the go, snag a Veggie Delite sandwich with sweet onion sauce and your fave veggies from Subway, then add Tofurky slices.
Quick and Easy Vegan Pad Thai
1 cup water, plus more for soaking the noodles
1 10-oz. pkg. rice noodles or ramen-style noodles
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 12-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
Juice of 2 limes
3 Tbsp. sugar
Sriracha sauce, to taste
Sliced green onions, for garnish
Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and heat in the microwave until boiling. Carefully submerge the rice noodles in the water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoonful of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, Sriracha, remaining soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked noodles and peanut butter mixture to the tofu and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Tip: Looking for dessert? Look for nondairy ice creams (try So Delicious brand) or sorbets at your local grocery store.
Want even more tips and recipes? Order our FREE Guide To Going Vegan.