Coco: What's in My (Vegan) Bag?
I’ve always loved the idea of purses. When I was little, I really wanted to carry a purse, but I wasn’t sure what to put in it, so I just filled it with candy. Now, my purse is often still full of candy, but it’s also stocked up with a ton of other goodies—like books, journals, and cruelty-free makeup! Check it out:
- Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story: A Life of David Foster Wallace by D.T. Max.: David Foster Wallace is one of my all-time favorite authors. If you haven’t read his essay “Consider the Lobster,” go do so immediately.
- Beavis and Butt-head wallet by Dynomighty
- Pen: Anyone else get super-stoked about writing utensils? No? Just me? All right.
- Flash drive
- (Not a) Nugget keychain: Find more cute accessories in the PETA Catalog!
- iPhone (personally bedazzled)
- Notebook: For deep thoughts, grocery lists, and drawings of my cat.
- Glasses: I don’t wear these nearly as often as I should, which has resulted in lots of squinting and thinking that people are waving at me when they are, in fact, not.
- Scrunchie: A lot more fun than your average hair tie. Don’t hate.
- Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint by Tarte: Tarte is another cruelty-free company that I love, and some of its products are vegan. This tint is really hydrating and refreshing.
- Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is an all-vegan and cruelty-free company, and its lip tar comes in the most fun colors ever. This stuff is INTENSE—a tiny dot goes a really, really long way.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color: Wet n Wild is everywhere, super-affordable, and cruelty-free!
- Dermalogica Active Moist: Dermalogica is awesome. This company never tests on animals, and many of its products are vegan. This moisturizer is nice and light, and it never leaves your skin feeling oily.
Want to fill your bag up with cruelty-free stuff? Sign up to receive our FREE cruelty-free pocket shopping guide.