Annie: What’s in My (Vegan) Bag?
There are two ways to get to know a person: look inside their bag or check out their fridge. As creepy as that might sound, it’s totally true! Plus, it’s super-fun to see what other people like to carry around with them. Does that make me a weirdo? Maaaaybe, but back to what this post is about … welcome to some dangerous territory—the inside of my purse.
Warning: My inability to throw things away (like, what if I need it?!) and to make just one lip-color decision a day means that my purse is usually, well, a mess. But, hey—at least it’s cruelty-free, right?!
I bought my bag online, and it’s 100 percent vegan. Oh, and it was super-cheap, too! Check out stores like Forever 21, Wet Seal, and Charlotte Russe to find super-cute vegan bags.
Now for the items in my bag:
- Faux-leather wallet: This animal-friendly wallet was a gift from my sister almost three years ago, and it’s still in perfect condition. (Vegan accessories last!) There’s no excuse for using dead animal skins, people!
- Cell phone: I get lost easily, so I always need to keep my phone with me in case I need directions or have to make a complete SOS call—it happens more often than you’d think! Anyway, how cute is my peta2 sticker? Order some for FREE!
- Makeup: I’m a total makeup junkie, so you know I have to carry at least three lip colors with me (gotta match my mood, y’all!). My very favorite brand is e.l.f.—all the products are cruelty-free, vegan, and crazy cheap. The three things I love most in life!
- FOOD: Think a phone and keys are bag essentials? Nah—food is! Some of my favorite snacks to carry around are fruit and granola bars. OK—and candy … and chips … and chocolate … and—ah, you get the idea.
- Sunglasses: Los Angeles is seriously sunny, so I always carry a pair of these to protect my eyes and maybe trick the paparazzi into thinking I’m somebody famous. (*fingers crossed*)
- Perfume: As I mentioned above, Los Angeles is hawt. And although I ♥ the weather here, it can sometimes get, well, sweaty. (Yes, I said it.) That’s why I always keep a little cruelty-free body spray with me—I’m sure my coworkers appreciate it!
- Stickers and leaflets: I always carry peta2 literature with me in case there’s an opportunity to speak up for animals. What can I say? I will always be a Street Teamer at heart!
- Trash and random items: Remember my hoarder tendencies? Yep, told ya I have trouble throwing things away! We’re friends, so no judging, right? RIGHT?
- Flats: I love wearing heels, but my feet do not. That’s why I always need to carry a pair of flats with me! On the bright side, I get to wear two pairs of super-fabulous, cruelty-free shoes each day.
Don’t you feel like we’re way closer now? Now it’s your turn! Let us know in the comments below which vegan products are a MUST in your bag or purse.