- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 15-20 mins
- Servings: 12
- Select your preferred print size and click 'Print Recipe':
- 3"x5" Cards
- 4"x6" Cards
- Full Page
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cup vegan egg nog
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegan vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tsp. vegan egg nog
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
• Heat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the cupcake batter (flour-nutmeg) together with a mixer, for 5 minutes.
• Fill the liners about 3/4 of the way with cupcake batter.
• Put cupcakes into oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
• Make sure your cupcakes are baked thoroughly, by placing a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake.
• If gooey, bake the cupcakes for a few more minutes, and check again.
• Mix frosting ingredients into a bowl (powdered sugar-cinnamon) and mix for 5-10 minutes.
• Once the cupcakes are cool, begin to frost them.
• Garnish the cupcakes with cinnamon sticks, and serve!
Hungry? Sign up to have FREE weekly vegan recipes sent straight to your inbox!