- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Boil the water and add the quinoa. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until all the water is absorbed. This should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the stem from the mushroom and chop into pieces. Using a spoon, scrape out the mushroom cap's "gills." (That's the black and brown webby stuff on the underside of the mushroom cap!)
- In a skillet, sauté the baby spinach in the vegetable oil until wilted. Add the mushroom stem, garlic, onions, and peppers.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, add the baby spinach and any other vegetables that you cooked and stir. Add the marinara sauce and continue to stir, making sure that everything is distributed evenly.
- Brush or coat the mushroom cap in vegetable oil and place on a baking sheet, hollow side up. Using a spoon or your finger, gently stuff with the quinoa and cooked vegetables.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how soft you want the mushroom to be.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, chia seeds (yay, superfood!), salt, and spices. Enjoy!
Hungry? Sign up to have FREE weekly vegan recipes sent straight to your inbox!