1. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg replacer and water to create your egg substitute. Add the nondairy milk and mix well.
2. On two separate plates, pour out a small amount of the flour and a small amount of the breadcrumbs. One by one, dip each tofu cutlet in the nondairy milk mixture, then roll in the flour, making sure to coat both sides. Dip each cutlet once more in the nondairy milk mixture, then roll in the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat both sides. This process will give the cutlets a thick, even coating.
3. Heat 2 tablespoonfuls of the vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, mushrooms, shallots, and capers and sauté until softened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the vegetable broth and 2 tablespoonfuls of the flour and whisk together until well blended, then add to the pan of vegetables. Add the vegan margarine, lemon juice, and optional white wine and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, then cover the pan with a lid and let simmer on low heat.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil over high heat in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add the cutlets one by one and cook each side until crisp and golden brown (about 30 seconds).
6. Once each cutlet is prepared, remove the sauce from the heat. Serve the sauce over the cutlets, and bon appétit!