Every summer, thousands of dogs suffer and die when their guardians leave them inside a parked car. It might be for “just a minute” while they run inside the gas station or pop into a store, but it could result […]
Megan-R just posted Miley Cyrus Wrote the Saddest Song About Her Blowfish on the peta2 blog.3 months ago
If you follow Miley Cyrus at all, you already know what a huge animal lover she is. Aside from going vegetarian—because animals are friends, not food—Miley posts all the time about her family of rescued dogs and […]
Megan-R just posted Meet the Rescued Pup Who Stole a Kiss From Tom Hardy on the peta2 blog.4 months ago
It’s no secret that pop star Ariana Grande has a huge heart for animals. Aside from being vegan—not eating animals is pretty much the nicest thing you can do for them!—she is constantly posting pics of her adopted […]
Megan-R just posted These 3 Ads Will Make You Never Want to Eat Fish Again on the peta2 blog.5 months ago
Megan-R just posted We’re SO Excited This YouTube Mega-Star Doesn’t Wear Fur! on the peta2 blog.5 months ago
Dogs may be “man’s best friend,” but dudes who love cats are definitely a girl’s best friend. There’s just something extra dreamy about a man who wants to cuddle up next to a kitten. Am I right? Cheers to these 15 cat-loving cuties:
1. James Franco …
2. … and younger brother Dave Franco both grew up with a love for animals. Dave has even referred to himself as “the weird cat guy.” Don’t worry, Dave—we don’t think you’re weird.
[media-credit text="Photo by: Quasar/starmaxinc.com ©2010" link="" text_2="" link_2="" text_3="" link_3="" align="aligncenter" width="568"][/media-credit]
3. Ed Sheeran may be busy touring the world and topping the charts, but he’s always happy to come home to this cuddly face.
4. This lucky cat gets up close and personal with Vine sensation Shawn Mendes.
5. Because he’s a vegan, it’s clear that Christofer Drew has a huge heart for all animals, including this little cutie.
6. The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus may be tough as nails on TV, but he’s a softie at heart, sharing his home with Eye In The Dark—who even has his own Twitter account.
7. It’s clear from the pictures he posts that rapper Danny Brown is totally in love with his cat Siren—he even takes her on walks!
8. Joe Jonas recently posted this picture of Pancake the cat, and the Internet died from cuteness overload.
9. Morrissey‘s love for cats runs so deep that it inspired a Tumblr page. That’s true love.
10. Oh, to be this cat, lounging casually on the butt of Ian Somerhalder.
11. Kellan Lutz befriended this kitten in Thailand.
12. Blessthefall vocalist Beau Bokan, wife Lights, and this sweet kitty might just be the cutest family ever.
13. Macklemore is the proud papa of Instagram-famous feline Cairo!
14. Jordan Witzigreuter of The Ready Set wins for having the best names for his companion animals: Backpack the dog and Nonsense the cat. Could he be any more adorable?!
15. This photo of Australian mega-babe Liam Hemsworth holding this kitten is the epitome of everything that is good in the world. Thank you, Liam.
Let’s talk about free running.
Free running is all about expressing yourself in an environment without any limitations on movement.
Example: You want to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, but there’s a wall, a bench, and a set of stairs in your way. Do you go around those obstacles? Nope. You go through them—or rather over them—as awesomely as possible.
Let’s now talk about Tim Shieff.
Tim Shieff is a world champion professional English free runner. He has competed on American Ninja Warrior, has appeared in a Harry Potter film (the ultimate measure of success in my book), and is considered one of the most successful athletes in the world. Tim Shieff is also vegan.
[peta-video youtube="9sJDmqE2dk4" ]
When you have to push your body to the limit, it takes more than sheer willpower and determination. Being an athlete of this caliber means staying in peak physical condition and having all the protein and nutrients you need in order to get through your grueling workout sessions.
Fueling yourself with a plant-based diet is the best thing that you can do for your body. Among the many benefits of eating vegan meals are:
Reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, and strokes
Getting to brag that some of the strongest people in the world are vegan
This officially puts the protein myth to bed, right? I thought so. 😉
Last night, Hollywood’s hottest young stars hit the blue carpet for one of peta2’s favorite annual events—the Teen Choice Awards.
How can you not be at least mildly obsessed with an award show that boasts categories like “Choice Movie Hissy Fit” (we’re looking at you, Godzilla) and “Choice Break-Up Song”? Impossible! We love it almost as much as we love our own annual Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity contest. 😉
Before the big awards aired live on Sunday night, peta2 partnered with Red Carpet Events LA to co-host a pre-party complete with vegan cupcakes and special appearances from our celeb BFFs. Check out the highlights!
[caption id="attachment_208003" align="aligncenter" width="576"] Vegan peta2 cupcakes for our guests![/caption]
[caption id="attachment_207864" align="aligncenter" width="480"] peta2’s Diana Mendoza smiling for the camera.[/caption]
Among the night’s big winners are Glee star Lea Michele, multiple cast members of the mega-popular ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars, and 2014 Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity nominees Ariana Grande and Zendaya.
Can’t get enough of your favorite celebs?
Cast your vote to help peta2 decide who should be crowned the Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2014!
If somebody doesn’t understand, it’s their loss for being so close-minded of an individual that they can’t understand standing against the norm.
The members of Los Angeles duo Youth Code are not creating the kind of beat-dropping, pop-filled electronic music that’s taken over the radio—and they don’t give a f*ck.
Sara Taylor and Ryan William George got their start doing DIY basement shows, touring with and playing in hardcore bands, and they harnessed that unapologetic attitude and raw energy into a frenzied industrial sound.
Keeping in spirit with the punk ethos, it’s only fitting that Sara and Ryan are devoted animal activists. We recently caught up with the pair to discuss Earth Crisis, the vegan hardcore community, and taking a stand against the horrific cruelty of factory farming. When it comes to facing your food, Sara makes one hell of a point: “If you can’t stomach it, why are you contributing to it?”
[W]atching something die—if it affects you, you need to really sit and think about what you consume.
[peta-video youtube="UhtPan889Zw" ]
You can find Youth Code on tour this fall with Skinny Puppy and VNV Nation on the Alliance of Sound Tour. For more information on animal rights, order peta2’s Guide to Going Vegan!
- Load More