Does Your Fashion Bleed?
Posted January 10, 2013 by Annie Leal
Every year, the leather industry slaughters more than a billion animals and tans their skins. Cows are often hacked apart and skinned while still alive and struggling to get away! Leather is also made from pigs, goats, and sheep—and even dogs and cats, who are slaughtered for their skin in China.
Watch cruelty-free fashion designer Stella McCartney’s exposé to learn more about the deadly leather trend and how you can help stop it!
Want to help? All you have to do is be skins-free and ask everyone you know to do the same! Thanks to so many cruelty-free and fashionable options available everywhere, it’s easy to be compassionate and look stylish at the same time—just like Stella!
- Comments (2)
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- Girl Group Little Mix Says, 'Get Wild Animals out of the Circus!'
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
- What Harry Styles Said About SeaWorld
- 5 Reasons to Love Josh Levi
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!