The 16 Stages of Going Vegan
1. You’ve spent your entire life relying on this theory:
It’s OK—we forgive you. But seriously, what were you thinking?
2. So when you see this, you just laugh:
3. But then you start thinking, “Wait, what if these people are actually right?”
4. You manage to push the thought aside, but days later, you stumble onto a video about factory farming.
5. But WTF does that even mean?
6. You’re a little intimidated at first, but the food in the photos looks delicious, so you decide to give it a try anyway.
7. You tell your friends on Facebook, and their reaction is: “WUT?”
8. You tell your family members, and they immediately label it as a phase.
Whatever. You’ll prove them wrong.
9. But then dinner time rolls around, and you can’t think of anything to make.
10. You start freaking out, but then you remember reading that Oreos are vegan.
11. But what are you going to have for breakfast? Human beings can’t survive on Oreos alone!
You decide to make your first trip to the grocery store in search of vegan goods. And then it happens: You see the window with the most beautiful view!
Who would’ve thought that your local grocery store sold vegan meat?!
12. You start discovering magical vegan products that just blow your mind.
Every time someone opens a jar of Vegenaise, a baby unicorn gets wings.
13. Your friends are impressed that you’ve lasted so long, but they decide to test you by inviting you out to eat. But you’re not even worried because you’re quickly becoming a master at finding vegan food anywhere.
Check out our vegan restaurant guide!
14. Thanks to you, one of your friends decided to give being vegan a try, and you’re like:
“Dude, nutritional yeast will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!”
15. You master answering every vegan myth question imaginable.
“But what the f*ck do vegans eat?!”
“People can’t be vegan. I mean, where will you get your protein from?”
Oh, and this chart pretty much sums all of them up:
16. You realize that helping animals was the best decision that you ever could’ve made.