My Day at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
Posted May 31, 2012 by Whitney Calk
Last week, I had the opportunity, no, the honor of volunteering at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee, the nation’s largest natural habitat refuge for elephants who have spent their entire lives being exploited in circuses and zoos.
All the eles who now call this sanctuary “home” are able to live out the rest of their days with the opportunity to roam and explore as they please, play with their friends, cool off in the ponds on warm days, and live as nature intended: freely.
Check out some of my pics from the day:
- Comments (8)
- Should Lube Be Tested on Animals?!
- Why You Shouldn't Watch Westminster or Any Dog Show
- What The Year of the Monkey Means for the Future
- Celebs Fighting for Freedom for All
- Man Arrested for Hurling Alligator Into Wendy's Drive-Through
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!