• 30% of Meat Eaters Won't Date Vegetarians

Profile photo of DrunkTrannyMess

Over a year ago

When it comes to dating, meat eaters are actually pickier than vegetarians. Almost 30% of omnivores wouldn’t go out with a vegetarian or vegan, whereas just 4% of vegetarians wouldn’t date a meat eater, a Today and Match.com poll finds. Of course, it’s not exactly a fair comparison: With only 2% of the US population vegetarian and 3% vegan, they don’t have many meat-free dating options. Meanwhile, 66% of the survey’s 4,000 respondents find picky eating unattractive.

Meat eaters’ opposition to dating vegetarians is no big surprise, experts say. “Mankind’s first luxury was meat, and when carnivores share food—what they are sharing is this luxury. It’s more than just cultural, it’s instinctual,” notes an anthropologist. A meat eater echoes the sentiment: “The ability to provide and share food is part of romance, and I just can’t date a person who does not share those moments of life with me.”

(http://www.newser.com/story/149625/30-of-meat-eaters-refuse-to-date-vegetarians.html)

Please log in to reply.

• Profile photo of Dutchie

Over a year ago

I’m dating a meat-eater and he’s absolutely accepting of my lifestyle choices and we even made a vegetarian chili this weekend together and he loved it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • Profile photo of silencescreams

Over a year ago

This is surprising to me. I think if they actual never more vegetarians/vegans they would change their mind.

• Profile photo of suzeii

Over a year ago

Lol. I have dated meat-eaters and it was the worst decision ever! They’re so judgmental and won’t change their ways. I’m glad I found my ideal vegan man :) Lol

• Profile photo of MsVeganGirl

Over a year ago

They’re just missing out on not dating us vegans! I am by no means a picky eater–I just choose to not eat animal products.

• Profile photo of CodyLupardus

Over a year ago

“lolwhat. That’s discrimination towards personal choices! WTH?!”
    There are plenty of person choices I would effect whether I want to be with someone. Including things like taste in music.

PLEASE READ:

All animal emergencies (injured, stray, neglected, abused, etc) should be reported to our Emergency Response Team, not posted on the Boards.

Chatting Today

casey now chatting boards

Leaderboard

Recent Activities