I’m sure there have been vegetarians/vegans out there who have unknowingly eaten something with meat it in. After finding out, how have you felt? I accidentally ate a bite or something with meat in it, and I just feel so guilty. What should one do in a situation like this? Thanks for any feedback!
When I first became vegetarian I think sometimes I forgot I even was! I remember in the first week of being vegetarian I went and ate a salami sandwich and after I was like “oh”. Lol, I’m really that stupid. Anyway, I was at a wedding yesterday and for my ‘vegetarian’ dessert I had fruit, dark chocolate sauce and…. Marshmallows :(. I didn’t eat them obviously but I was thinking about what would if happened if I did O.o.
im vegan and back in august after warped tour here in texas and spending my whole day with afa helpin out then my parents picked me up and took me to dinner with them, and there werent many vegan options at the place my mom picked (there arent many vegan options when eating out in texas to being with -_-) and well i had ordered some fries cause thats all the place had and i was soooo hungry and didnt wanna wait the 30mins to my brothers house and then the cook time for some food! but well anyways i was sitting there eating my fries talking a mile an hour and then bam i took a bite of something that made its way into my fries and then i ran straight to the bathroom of that restraunt and threw up for half an hour, and i was throwin up tons of blood! and then my mom bein a butt we had to wait until she finished eating her cruelty before my dad could take me to the er (i was in intense tummy pain) and make sure nothing was wrong with me an well im still throwin up blood everyday and my doctor is tryna figure out whats wrong with me! so that time with me just kinda pointed out that theres something wrong with my tummy!
I used to eat things like top ramen forgetting that it had the chicken seasoning. It horrified me but I realized that i hadn’t known and it wasn’t my fault. It’s ok, just know you didnt mean to and if you’d known it had meat in it you wouldn’t have eaten it.
I once was carrying some food items inside for my parents late at night and one of the lids came off of a container spilling over on my thumb. Before thinking, I instinctively licked my finger and tasted some kind of really nasty, meaty sauce. I dropped everything and ran practically crying to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth. I was horrified, but I didn’t feel guilty because by then I’d learned that not one person is perfect. Sometimes, we’re bound to make a mistake that is not any fault of our own. I’ve made a few mistakes with ingredients when first going vegan, but that was almost inevitable. There is also that very rare piece of chicken that creeps into your burrito from Taco Bell making you so sick you won’t want to go back for a long time. What should someone do in a situation as such? Well, you probably shouldn’t panick and barf every where like I would, but if you do.. try to forgive yourself and remember that you’re not to blame.
A few years ago I was unknowingly eating anchovies all the time because I had no idea they were in Caesar dressing. Then one time I was served pasta with meat sauce at a restaurant and I didn’t notice until I was half finished. After I went vegan, every once in a while I would notice an animal ingredient in something I had, (for example the big container of Go Veggie! grated cheese has casein in it) and just stop buying it. Consider it a learning experience. The harm has already been done, and after you buy it, there’s really nothing you can do but learn from it.