Star Street Teamer Award for Alyssa Napora
Alyssa Napora may be new to being vegan, but that hasn’t stopped her from quickly becoming a star activist in her community. This girl has even made the local news with her scrumptious cruelty-free cooking skills! Helping animals with delicious food—definitely a winner in our book!
Alyssa doesn’t stop there, though. Check out all the other awesome ways she has been getting active for animals lately:
- She recently attended her first protest against Ringling to speak up for elephants abused in the circus.
- She got her dad to go vegetarian!
- She visits with rescued cuties at animal sanctuaries to show them some love.
- After receiving encouraging responses to an e-mail that she sent to her state senators about animal welfare laws, she signed up to attend Pennsylvania Humane Lobby Day in Harrisburg, where she got to meet her state representative, Rep. Frank Farina, and Sen. John Blake’s chief of staff—all to give animals a voice in the government!
- She got permission from her principal to wear a uniform skirt that wasn’t made out of wool, which actually got a couple of other girls to try synthetic skirts, too.
On top of all these awesome accomplishments, Alyssa is an active Street Teamer, having completed more than 50 missions! She also is an overall awesome voice for animals in her community, regularly speaking up for animals in school presentations and passing out leaflets on animal rights.