If you’ve been putting off going vegan, then I hope this is your last straw:
MFA’s investigator saw:
- Workers bludgeoning calves in their skulls with pickaxes and hammers—often involving 5 to 6 blows, sometimes more—before rendering the animals unconscious
- Beaten calves, still alive and conscious, thrown onto dead piles
- Workers kicking downed calves in the head, and standing on their necks and ribs
- Calves confined to squalid hutches, thick with manure and urine buildup, and barely large enough for the calves to turn around or fully extend their legs
- Gruesome injuries and afflictions, including open sores, swollen joints and severed hooves
Let me repeat myself: E6 rears calves for use on dairy farms.
That means that the money you pay for milk, cheese, and other dairy products is paying the salaries of abusive workers. If this isn’t OK with you—you have one choice: go vegan.