It’s that time of year again: time to give some extra cred to our fave celeb “do-gooders” who made 2015 an awesome year for speaking out for animals! We’re coming across more and more celebs who are role models for kindness, and that’s a great way to close out the year.
Get excited AF about all these celebs who are using their power for good!
1. Singer, songwriter, and actor Skylar Stecker gave us an exclusive tour of her room and schooled us on how to make some rad vegan nachos!
2. Noah Cyrus showed the world that #DissectionKills. She reminded us that “if you feel weird dissecting something, say no.”
3. We dug street artist Banksy’s take on SeaWorld at his Dismaland installation in the U.K. Even Bansky knows that #SeaWorldSucks!
4. P!nk showed NYC that she’d rather go naked than wear fur. Her billboard totally lit up the streets, which told passersbys to “be comfortable in your own skin, and let animals keep theirs.” ❤
5. Vine star Hayes Grier and his new bestie Zan spread the word about animal adoption. Hayes and Zan showed us how fun (and important!) it is to take responsibility for our new companions. Awww.
"Right now, millions of dogs and cats are waiting for the right family to come along and give them a home," says Hayes. "My friends at peta2 and I want everyone to know that helping homeless animals is as easy as visiting your local animal shelter and always being sure to spay and neuter, too." Thanks @HayesGrier for being a #Hero4Animals! ?❤️ #HayesGrier #DogsOfIG #AdoptDontBuy #peta2life
6. Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams caught this great moment of Harry Styles of One Direction telling his fans not to go to SeaWorld.
7. Miley Cyrus told the world she’d gone vegetarian for her late beloved blowfish, Pablow, whom she also wrote a song about.
8. Aussie and I Killed The Prom Queen guitarist Jona Weinhofen shocked the world with his thought-provoking “Here’s the Rest of Your Wool Coat” ad. In his campaign for peta2, he explained just how f*cked up the wool industry is.
9. Pop supergroup Fifth Harmony let their fans know how that “you don’t need wings or a halo to be an angel for animals.”
The group also reminded use to “say no to circuses that exploit and abuse animals” and to “keep cruelty out of your closet” by not buying fur or clothes with a fur trim.
10. YouTube star Jordyn Jones and her super-cute adopted dogs showed everyone how to be a lifesaver: adopting from shelters! They shared why we should always #AdoptDontBuy.
11. Aussie actor and total babe Liam Hemsworth stole our ❤s when he let the world know that he went vegan #MCEveryday.
12. NFL free safety Tyrann Mathieu toughed it out in the heat to show people why they should NEVER leave their dog in a hot car. He reminded us that if we see a dog sitting in a hot car, we should do whatever it takes. Remember: #EverySecondCounts.
13. Comedian Jessimae Peluso’s rant on puppy mills was on point! Yaaaaas. ? Jump on this kind and awesome bandwagon and pledge to end animal homelessness!
14. The world was SUPER-outraged when Cecil the lion was killed, and so was Jimmy Kimmel. “The big question is, why are you shooting a lion in the first place?” Word, Jimmy Kimmel.