I have two words:
I know. Help us, right? Calling all you lazy vegans—if you know how to make a sandwich (pretty please, tell me you do), this is your GAME.
Things you’ll need:
- Waffle maker (I bet your mom or dad has one hiding in the kitchen)
- Accidentally vegan refrigerated biscuits (the ones that come from a can)
- Dairy-free cheese, vegan pepperoni, or any other pizza ingredients you love (we used Daiya cheese and Tofurky Pepperoni Slices)
- A bottomless stomach (Oh, we know you have that!)
How to be a boss:
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- First, pop that biscuit can like you run on plant-based fuel. Oh, wait, you do.
- Flatten a section of the biscuit dough into a patty and slice in half crosswise (like you would a hamburger bun). If the dough rounds are too small (or you want more waffle with your pizza), use two biscuits to form each patty instead.
- Lovingly place your fillings between the two dough slices, seal that bish like it’s pie, and waffle press that sh*t until golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Aaand repeat.
Do we really need to explain the rest?
So essentially, you’ve come away with not only some new culinary skills but also some WAFFLE PIZZAS. A solid five minutes of work right there.
Feel free to use your favorite foods and get creative with your waffle making! We tried bean and “cheese” waffles with a side of salsa, and hole-y frick.
We’ve decided to eat all our foods inside a waffle. *Tears up with joy*
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert—waffles aaalll DAY. Seriously, this is the PERF hand-held food! Snack with one hand and save animals with the other right from your phone (um, there’s an app for that, yo!).
Let us know how your creative ventures go, and e-mail us at [email protected]!
Hint: Oreo waffles, anyone?