1. You fix your tablas every time you play Lotería.
Much, much better.
2. You have conflicting feelings about hitting the donkey-shaped piñata at your cousin’s birthday party.
People for the Ethical Treatment of … piñatas?
3. Vegan mayo is great, but it has nothing on your family’s guacamole recipe.
Oh, and don’t even bring up prepackaged guacamole. Just walk away.
4. You’ve never had a problem getting your daily serving of fruits and vegetables, thanks to TAJÍN.
Also known as the best seasoning you will ever try, it’s a mix of chili peppers, sea salt, and lime—and it’s PERFECT over everything.
5. People think you eat this:
6. When really you eat THIS:
C’mon, Latinos are the kings of spice. Do you really think that we’re going to settle for a boring salad?! Pfff, please.
7. People constantly say, “So, you eat a lot of green stuff?”
HA—yes, if you count cilantro! Seriously, it’s in like, every meal.
8. You kind of had a heart attack when Ricky Martin tweeted about going vegetarian.
Oh, was that just me? Oops #MarryMeRicky.
9. You have no trouble finding vegan candies that you love because, hello, these are all vegan:
And you can probably eat about 20 of the really spicy ones without getting a stomach ache. Now that’s impressive.
10. When you meet another vegan Latino …
He or she automatically becomes family.
11. You’ve mastered making any street food vegan.
Tacos, burritos, elotes (corn), spicy fruit, and even ice cream!
12. You carry a couple of these in your purse or backpack:
13. You know that nothing beats this recipe:
Who needs potato chip dips made with boob milk when you can have this life-changing combination instead?!
14. You’ve shared the Spanish version of “Glass Walls” with everyone you know!
15. You know that this is totally true:
16. You’re absolutely fearless, and nothing will stop you from speaking up for animals!
Here’s to all the awesome vegan Latinos out there! Let’s stay brave, loud, and luchones for animals!
Identify with one of these? Share the list with your friends by clicking the buttons below!