Is the thought of a vegan Thanksgiving overwhelming? If so, relax. It’s super easy—all you have to do is use vegan products instead of animal products. That’s it.
Here are some popular vegan alternatives to common animal ingredients found in Thanksgiving recipes:
- Replace butter with Earth Balance.
- Replace sour cream with Tofutti Sour Supreme.
- Replace cream cheese with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.
- Replace marshmallows with Dandies.
- Replace mayo with Vegenaise.
- Replace turkey with Tofurky or Gardein.
- Replace milk with Silk.
- Replace cheese with Daiya.
- Replace beef stock with vegetable stock.
- Replace eggs with applesauce, bananas, and more!
Here’s how you work it: Find out who is making the food for your Thanksgiving dinner and ask them to buy the vegan versions of these products and use them instead of the animal versions. No one will be able to tell the difference (I know from experience).
If you’re shut down, just make a couple of dishes of your own and take them with you to your Thanksgiving celebration! You’ll look like a good person for making food to share, plus you can still eat tasty food.
Oh, and be sure to show this guide to your parents if you haven’t already!