3-Ingredient Rice and Beans
- 2 cups cooked rice (try Rice-A-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the kidney beans on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Layer the cooked rice and beans in a bowl and top with the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and even hot sauce on top.
After a long day at work, I’m beat—and I’m sure that you can relate! Whether you’re scrambling to finish a senior project or getting ready for exams, you need a go-to dish that is simple and cheap and can be made with ingredients you have on hand. This recipe fits the bill, plus it’s packed with healthy fats and protein. When I hit the grocery store, I always stock up on beans and rice as well as various veggies and fruits that I can mix in when it gets boring. Voilà!