Apple Cider Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 5 large sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly toasted, chopped pecans, for garnish
- Boil the cider in a small saucepan over high heat until reduced by half, about 7 minutes, then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain well.
- Peel the hot sweet potatoes and return them to the warm pot. Add the cider, margarine, brown sugar, and salt and mash until well blended.
- Top with toasted, chopped pecans and serve hot.
Ohhh, how I ♥ sweet potatoes. They’re delicious, they’re full of fiber, antioxidants, potassium, and iron, and did I mention that they’re DELICIOUS? Show off your skills in the kitchen and take mashed potatoes to a whole new level with this super-yummy recipe!