BBQ Tofu Bowl
- 8 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2–3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked or canned black-eyed peas
- 1 avocado
1. Cut the tofu into cubes and place in a shallow container. Add the barbecue sauce and stir. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Lightly steam the kale. Add to a bowl and mix with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Mix the nutritional yeast with the tofu and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and flip the tofu over. Return to the oven for 10 to 15 more minutes, until chewy and browned.
5. Arrange half of the tofu, kale, rice, black-eyed peas, and avocado in each bowl. Add extra salt and pepper, if desired.