Berry Power Smoothie
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (try Trader Joe's brand)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 serving vegan protein powder (try the berry-flavored Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 1 1/2 cup water or fruit juice of your choice
- Chia seeds, to taste
- Put the banana, frozen mixed berries, and rolled oats in a blender. Add the vegan protein powder and water. Shake the blender container to mix the ingredients before blending, then blend until smooth. (To ensure an even mixture, pause the blender periodically and shake the blender container with both hands.)
- Once finished, stir in the desired amount of chia seeds.
- If you’re feeling up to it, top with a few rolled oats and extra chia seeds for maximum Instagram potential. We’ve got your back, social media butterflies!
Did you just finish that crazy-hard midweek workout? Maybe thinking about trying something other than coffee to start your morning? Try this protein-packed cup of awesome that combines the refreshing taste of berries and bananas with the chunky goodness of rolled oats. With the added chia seeds, this smoothie has a nice, thick texture that will give you everything you need to feel good and get back to doing what you do best—kicking ass in life.