Black Bean Empanadas
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough (check out our list of accidentally vegan foods)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Mexican corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. chunky salsa
- dash salt and pepper
*Note:No need to stick with a Mexican-inspired filling. You can choose your own favorite combination, like black beans and bananas (don’t judge, it’s delicious!), vegan chorizo and potatoes, spinach and artichokes … you can even do a dessert one with peanut butter and bananas! The possibilities are endless–and all are yummy!
- Mash the black beans, the corn and the salsa with a fork. Season it with salt, pepper and any of your favorite spices.
- Take a small piece of the pizza dough and flatten it down with your hands until it becomes a flat disk. Place a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the dough disk (don’t overfill). Fold the dough over the filling and close it by pressing your fingers or using a fork along the edge. You can make them as little or as big as you want.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake them at 350F for 20 minutes. By the time the dough is finished, they will be golden, crispy, and delicious!