Cashew Mac and Cheese
- 1 12-oz. box pasta (I used gluten-free brown rice pasta)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 large collard greens, chopped
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- some pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- Combine the cashews (Note: They MUST be raw cashews. You can pick these up in bulk or at Trader Joe’s for $6 a bag—seems like a lot, but they go a long way and one batch of this cheese makes a LOT!), water, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. If it gets too thick, add a little water; if it’s too watery, add a few more cashews.
- Add the cashew cheese, collards, and sundried tomatoes to the cooked pasta. Toss and sprinkle with black pepper.