- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (you can find it in the Hispanic foods aisle of your local supermarket)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, water, tahini, lime juice, and olive oil. Blend for 2 minutes on low until smooth.
- Add the cilantro and chipotle pepper (if you don’t want your hummus to be too spicy, just add half the pepper). Blend until smooth.
- Mix in the salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with your favorite tortilla chips or veggies!