Chocolate–Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine (try Earth Balance or Smart Balance Lite)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (you can also use almond, cashew, pecan, or sunflower)
- 3/4 cup crushed vegan graham crackers
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (try Trader Joe's brand)
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (soy, rice, almond, hemp, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine the vegan margarine, peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, and agave nectar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the margarine melts. Make sure that the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan or burn. Remove from the heat and spoon evenly into the cupcake liners.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the vegan chocolate chips and nondairy milk and heat over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate begins to melt to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan. Spoon over the peanut butter mixture in each cupcake liner, then garnish with the crushed nuts.
Hungry? Sign up to have FREE weekly vegan recipes sent straight to your inbox!