Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 5 Tbsp. vegan margarine (try Earth Balance brand)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups vegan broth
- 2 handfuls dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 handfuls diced apple (optional)
- 1 handful pine nuts (optional)
- 1 12-oz. bag herb-seasoned, cubed vegan stuffing (try Pepperidge Farm brand, which is available almost everywhere)
- Melt the vegan margarine in a big pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vegan broth, dried cranberries, apples, and pine nuts.
- Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon into a greased casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
How yummy does this look? And it’s super-easy to make, too! Since November’s Recipe of the Week theme is “Things to Take to Thanksgiving Dinner,” we’ll be making sure that you have all the goods (and by goods, we mean delicious food that will win anyone over!) to make your Thanksgiving dinner a great one for animals and your family. Check our Recipe page each week this month for more Thanksgiving-themed recipes.