Creamy Eggplant Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 5 cups cooked macaroni noodles
• In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, salt, and pepper and sauté until soft and slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
• In a blender or food processor, combine the eggplant, almond milk, garlic, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, and paprika and blend until smooth.
• Combine the cooked noodles and “cheese” sauce in a large saucepan, heat over medium heat until warmed through, and serve.