Crispy Stuffing Patties
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pkg. Gardein Beefless Tips, heated and chopped (optional)
- Cooking spray or 2 Tbsp. melted vegan margarine
- Cranberry sauce or BBQ sauce, for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the flour with the water and stir until it forms a liquidy paste. Add the leftover stuffing and stir until well combined. If the mixture is too crumbly to form into patties, create more of the flour-and-water paste and add.
- Mix in the water chestnuts, dried cranberries, and beefless tips, then form into balls.
- Spread the remaining flour on a plate. Flatten the balls into patties and lightly coat both sides with the flour.
- Coat a frying pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Cook the patties for about 2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy around the edges.
- Serve with a side of cranberry or BBQ sauce and enjoy!
Stuffing has always been my fave part about Thanksgiving. How could it not be? It’s full of bread and other deliciousness! This recipe is a great way to reinvent your leftovers and make it portable for vegan munching on the go. P.S. If you got a little too excited about stuffing this Thanksgiving and don’t have any leftovers, you can make a simple stuffing with bread, sautéed onions, celery, and sage.