Deconstructed Sushi Bowl
- 1 cup cooked rice (brown or sticky)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 dashes sriracha
- 1/2 pkg. seaweed snack sheets
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickled ginger (I found mine at my local Vons grocery store)
- Mix together the rice, half the sliced avocado, and the sriracha in a medium-sized bowl. Rip the dried seaweed sheets into bite-sized pieces and stir in. Chop up 1 tablespoonful of the ginger and stir in.
- Compress the rice mixture into the bowl, then flip over onto a plate. If the mixture breaks apart, you can form it into a bowl shape with your clean hands.
- Top with the remaining sweet pickled ginger and sliced avocado.
If you’re a sushi lover like me, you’ll appreciate this super-quick recipe that will give you all the same flavors of sushi—without the hefty price tag. As a bonus, it looks über-fancy, so all your friends and family will never guess how easy it was to throw together!