Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta (any type of small pasta shape will work)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups chopped kale (optional)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up the cooked pasta in a large saucepan. Add the vegan butter, nutritional yeast, almond milk, and hot sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Add the kale and tomato and stir. (You can also use spinach, mushrooms, cooked sweet potato, or any other vegetable that you want.)
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
I like food that takes only a few minutes to make, but frozen burritos and microwavable noodles can get a little boring. That’s why I’m totally in love with this easy vegan mac and cheese recipe! It’s fast and cheap, and you can pack in as many vegetables in as you want. Try it out—I promise that it’ll be your new go-to dish!