Easy Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 Tbsp. high-heat oil (we used avocado)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/4 block firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup vegan kimchi, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (day-old is best)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan kimchi juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Korean hot red pepper flakes (or crushed red pepper)
- Nori or seaweed, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and the white parts of the green onions. Crumble in the tofu and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kimchi and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the rice and kimchi juice and cook until the liquids have boiled off, scraping the bottom of the pan regularly to avoid burning.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and hot red pepper flakes. Garnish with the remaining parts of the green onions, nori, and sesame seeds, if using.