Easy Tofu Eggs
- 1 tsp. safflower oil
- 1 pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into thick slices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce, tamari, or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp. dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 cup (or more!) nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch black salt (optional)
- Warm the oil in a frying pan, then add the tofu. Cook, flipping occasionally, until slightly browned on each side. If the tofu starts to stick, add a tiny bit of water.
- Add the soy sauce, dill, salt, pepper, and paprika and mix well.
- Coat the top side of each piece of tofu with nutritional yeast. Let cook for several minutes until the tofu almost looks like it is breaded. Flip and do the same to the other side.
- Add the lemon juice, then the black salt.
- Place on bagels, bread, or anything else that you’d eat with eggs.
Want to make a quick bagel sandwich before heading to school? Use this eggy tofu! Be liberal with the nooch, snatch up some black salt if you can find it, and add your favorite spices to personalize the recipe.