Quick and Easy Pad Thai
- 1 cup water, plus more for soaking the noodles
- 1 10-oz. pkg. rice noodles or ramen-style noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 12-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Sriracha, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and heat in the microwave until boiling. Carefully submerge the rice noodles in the water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, Sriracha, remaining soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked noodles and peanut butter mixture to the tofu and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!
Pad Thai is one of the most popular Thai dishes out there, but it can be tricky to make at home because some of the traditional ingredients can be hard to find. Luckily, this version uses stuff that you can find ANYWHERE—so make this tasty dish the next time you want to impress without the hassle!