‘Fish’ Sliders With Spicy Mango Slaw
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise or other vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup peeled and diced mango
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pkg. Gardein brand fishless filets
- 1 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 6 vegan slider buns or 12 slices of your favorite vegan bread
• Mix the cabbage, vegan mayonnaise, mango, onion, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and lime juice together in a large bowl.
• Cook the fishless filets according to the package directions.
• Heat the vegan margarine in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cut the slider buns in half lengthwise, then place face down in the pan. Cook until browned.
• Place a fishless filet on the bottom half of each bun. Top with some of the coleslaw, then the other half of the bun. Repeat with the remaining filets. Use any remaining coleslaw as a side dish!