Healthy Middle Eastern-Inspired Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed
- Mixed greens (we used kale and butter lettuce)
- Handful olives
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sumac
- Pinch salt
- Prepare the quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, mixed greens, olives, and cooked quinoa.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, sumac, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies, and enjoy!
Note: Sumac is a Middle Eastern spice that can be found at an international store near you. If you have trouble locating it, substitute dill—or just a bit of salt and pepper. : )