Korean Braised Tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper flakes
- 1 block firm tofu (drained and pressed)
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
• Combine the water, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, and hot pepper flakes in a bowl and set aside.
• Slice the tofu into small rectangles and sauté in the cooking oil with the minced garlic, until browned. Set aside.
• In a separate pan, heat the soy sauce mixture over medium-low heat, stirring until thick.
• Pour over the tofu and garnish with sesame seeds.
• Serve with rice or over noodles.