‘Meat’ Lovers’ Calzone
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 14 oz. vegan ground sausage (try Lightlife brand)
- 1 pkg. vegan pizza dough (try Trader Joe's or Publix brand)
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 pkg. vegan pepperonis (try Tofurky brand)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded nondairy cheese (try Daiya or Teese brand)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the vegan ground sausage and cook until browned on all sides.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls. On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a circle. (They don’t need to be perfect.)
- Place the vegan ground sausage, pizza sauce, vegan pepperonis, spinach, black olives, and nondairy cheese evenly over half of each circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crusts are golden.
Hungry? Sign up to have FREE weekly vegan recipes sent straight to your inbox!