Miso Udon Soup
- 1 qt. water
- 2 Tbsp. white or red miso (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 pkt. dashi powder (optional)
- 1 cup dried wakame or 1 sheet nori, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped bok choy (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots (optional)
- Udon noodles, cooked according to pkg. instructions
- Salt, to taste
• In a large pot, combine the water, miso, and dashi and bring to a boil.
• Reduce to a simmer and add the wakame or nori, tofu, scallions, mushrooms, bok choy, and carrots.
• Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the udon.
• Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add salt, more miso, or more wakame or nori, to taste, if desired.