- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup vegan breadcrumbs (panko works well)
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 5 hearts of palm (available canned in most grocery stores)
• In a wide, shallow bowl, mix the flour, water, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. This should create a pancake batter–like consistency.
• Fill another wide shallow bowl with the breadcrumbs.
• Heat the oil in a deep pot or fryer to 350°F.
• Roll each of the hearts of palm in the batter. Coat completely. Repeat with the breadcrumbs.
• Fry in the hot oil until golden brown.