Peanut Butter–Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (be sure to use real pumpkin, not the pie filler)
- 1/4 cup unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
• Mix in the pumpkin and peanut butter, then slowly add the water. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. If it’s too dry, add a small amount of water.
• Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface and use a knife or cookie cutter to cut out whatever treat shapes you desire.
• Place the treats 1/2 inch apart on a nonstick baking pan or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
• Bake for 20 minutes.
• Let the treats cool, and then let your dog have a taste!