Slow-Cooked Vegan Chili
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 15-oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper1/4 cup vegan sour cream (try Tofutti brand)
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese (try Daiya brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions until the onions are soft.
• Add the chili powder and cumin and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
• Place in a slow cooker with the kidney beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, vegetable broth, and pepper, stirring well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
• Garnish with the vegan sour cream, vegan cheddar cheese, and chives.