Mexican Noodle Soup
- 4-6 large tomatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 medium white onion, cut into large cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz.-pkg. cut fideo or 1 16 oz.-pkg. angel hair pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- Chili flakes, chopped serrano chilies, or diced jalapeños, to taste (optional)
- Vegan sour cream, cilantro, and sliced avocado, for garnish (optional)
• In a blender, purée the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and oil. Transfer to a large pot and cook over medium heat.
• Add the noodles, broth, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin. For a spicier soup, add the chili flakes, serrano chilies, or jalapeños. Cook for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, then simmer until the noodles are tender.
• Garnish with optional toppings, as desired.